Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lucy Torres-Gomez shows off her new look


It's been almost ten years since Lucy Torres-Gomez snagged showbiz' most eligible bachelor. Since then, the world of this painfully shy woman has expanded in so many ways. "So many doors opened for me," she tells Marie Claire magazine this November, "I never realized there were so many things I wanted to do."

The shy lady from Cebu probably never thought that she would act in a sitcom, host a women's weekly talk show, and display her dancing skills on national television, but she did all that and more since her marriage to Richard Gomez. "I was never overwhelmed by Richard's fame," she says, "I never intended to be in the limelight or on TV. I am just me, a homebody."

True enough, despite being a choice product endorser, a sought-after cover girl, a Bench model, and a Philippine Star lifestyle columnist, she is actually quite content with just two major roles: Wife and Mother.

"I'm content to be known as Mrs. Gomez," she shares. "All I wanted was to be a wife and a mother." Hardcore feminists may not approve of this, but Lucy staunchly defends the choice she and many other women have made. "With the privilege of being a wife and a mother comes duty and responsibility; and love fuels it. There is nothing basta-basta about it. Being a homemaker is a noble task."

Of course, Lucy learned all this from her own mother, Julie, who also taught her that when you give to others, you will be blessed in return. This is something she wants to pass on to her own daughter, Juliana. "I want Juliana to be generous with her time, her resources, her talents. That is how you give glory to your Maker… [and] how you give meaning to life."

Lucy may focus her energies on being a wife and mother, but she proves that she is also very much her own woman, as she says, "I'm not just 'nice' or a pushover. I am capable of fighting back." Learn more about Lucy by grabbing your copy of the first anniversary issue of Marie Claire magazine this November. It is now available in all leading bookstores and magazine stands nationwide for P125 per copy.

source: http://www.summitmedia.com.ph/index.php

No comments: