Friday, September 17, 2010

What is DISCIPLINE?

The Hyper Dictionary gives the meaning of "discipline":

1. training to improve strength or self-control
2. the act of punishing
3. the trait of being well behaved
4. a system of rules of conduct or method of practice
5. a branch of knowledge
6. punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience
7. train by instruction and practice; esp. to teach self-control

* Just like my daughter Kyla. I sometimes punish her when she is hard headed. But after I punish her I let her understand that I am not angry with her but the bad things she has done. I will tell her not to do that again. I love her and so I want the best for her. It helps her identify what is right and wrong. It is written in the Bible that we should train them so that they will not depart from it. I am happy that my daughter is smart she can understand easily what I am telling her. *

No comments: